Here’s a great video that showcases examples of social media campaigns that have delivered on ROI.
I believe that social media can help drive business results and show ROI, whether directly or sometimes, indirectly. The most important point is that you have to be clear from the onset about your objectives and not just plainly rush into it and see what comes along.
What are YOUR campaign objectives? Here are a list of possible campaign objectives:
- Build product and brand awareness
- Strengthen relationships with clients, prospects, and influencers
- Better understand your buyers
- Improve customer service
- Identify new product ideas
- Increase web site traffic
- Improve search engine rankings
- Drive traffic to your events
- Generate leads
- Generate sales
As with any other digital campaigns, there are an array of tools you can use to measure results. Social Media is not just a passing fad. Your customers are talking about you and your brand regardless of whether you like it or not. The question is no longer “Should we be on Facebook or Twitter?” but rather “How should we leverage on social media to drive sustainable business results?”